Our dietitians can help you with food and nutrition‑related health conditions.
We assess your needs and develop nutritional plans specifically for your situation, provide you with information and teach you how to manage your food and nutrition needs.
You can speak to us about a range of issues such as:
- Diabetes – type 1, type 2 or gestational
- Food allergies/intolerances
- Eating disorders
- High Cholesterol
- Gastroenterological conditions – irritable bowel, coeliac disease or ulcerative colitis
- Iron-deficiency because of anaemia
- Other conditions that may benefit from a specialised diet such as; stoma management or renal (kidney) disease
- Weight management concerns.
This service is available to all ages and can be accessed through:
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (inpatients)
- Community Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (if appropriate)
- NHW is a registered provider for TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to this service including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Waiting Times: All referrals to our services are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: We offer both Government-funded and client-funded services. Fees are kept to the minimum amount and will vary between programs. Information regarding relevant fees will be provided to you individually.