Our dietitians can help people of all ages with food and nutrition‑related health conditions.
We assess your needs and develop nutritional plans specifically for your situation.
You can speak to us about a range of issues such as:
- Diabetes – type 1, type 2 or gestational
- Food allergies/intolerances
- Eating disorders
- Chronic diseases such as; heart disease
- Gastrointestinal conditions – irritable bowel, coeliac disease or ulcerative colitis
- Conditions that may benefit from a specialised diet such as; stoma management, kidney disease, unintentional weight loss or iron deficiency.
This service is available to all ages and can be accessed through:
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (inpatients)
- Community Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (if appropriate)
- NHW is a registered provider for TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to this service including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Cost: We offer both Government-funded and client-funded services. Fees are kept to the minimum amount and will vary between programs. Information regarding relevant fees will be provided to you individually.