A student placement at Northeast Health Wangaratta (NHW) is the perfect choice if you are looking for a rewarding experience and a well-rounded introduction to your chosen career path.
We have a 24/7 Emergency Department and provide an extensive range of health care services to more than 90,000 people across North East Victoria. We are also a major provider of education and welcome more than 500 students from universities and TAFES across Australia every year.
As a student, you will take part in a diverse range of clinical experiences and training opportunities that supports your professional development and helps you achieve your learning goals.
Register for a placement
To register for a placement at Northeast Health you will need to contact your education provider as all placement bookings are made via Placeright.
Compulsory pre-placement orientation
All Undergraduate and Postgraduate students need to complete the NHW Online Orientation Program.
Orientation should take approximately 30 minutes to complete and provides information about your placement including start time, hospital orientation venue, car parking and accommodation, if required.
Please make sure you have completed the following;
- NHW Online Orientation Program
- Online Hand Hygiene training prior to arrival (Print certificate)
- Print and complete ALL forms from the Orientation Program
- Provide a printed copy of ALL paperwork required for placement
NHW cannot approve your placement until you provide the following documents:
- Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Immunisation Record (measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, TB and Hep B) and Fluvax
- All printed and completed certificates and forms as per NHW’s Online Orientation Program instructions.
There is plenty of accommodation available near Northeast Health Wangaratta including;
- NHW onsite accommodation – Call (03) 5722 5737 or email email@example.com
- University Department of Rural Health – Student accommodation (10 minutes’ drive from NHW) email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please fill out the Student Accommodation Booking Request.pdf before requesting accommodation.
- Wangaratta Accommodation Centre
- Airbnb – Search Wangaratta
Student Support Programs
Going Rural – Access student support programs, including information on student accommodation, financial assistance for clinical placements, online learning and other activities at www.goingruralhealth.com.au
RWAV (Rural Workforce Agency Victoria) – Rural Clinical Placement Grants for students studying at Victorian Universities. Students will now be required to apply for the grant BEFORE commencement of the clinical placement. See website for information: www.rwav.com.au/future-workforce/scholarships
On the completion of your placement you will be asked to provide feedback via the online Post Placement Survey