Green Street, Wangaratta, Victoria 3677
Northeast Health has a proactive approach to expanding the number of Junior Medical Officers (JMOs) to meet the needs of our hospital and community. As a result, the number of JMOs has increased to 66 JMOs from January 2021.
If you choose to work as a JMO, you will be supported by:
- Dr Susanty Tay – Executive Director Medical Workforce
- Rowena Gould – Manager Medical Workforce
- Dr Sebastian Kirby – Medical Administration Registrar
- Melissa Murfitt – EA to EDMS
- Emily Maher – Medical Workforce Officer (Junior Doctors)
- Taylah Cummins – Medical Workforce Officer (Senior Doctors)
- Andrea Malone – Accommodation Officer
- TBA – Medical Education Officer
Other senior staff providing professional support and clinical supervision include senior medical specialists and consultant Visiting Medical Officers (VMOs) with expertise in:
- Geriatric Medicine
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- Emergency care
- Intensive Care
All of our 25 Registrar positions are accredited with the relevant specialist colleges. The Postgraduate Medical Council of Victoria (PMCV) has accredited all of our 18 interns and 23 Postgraduate Year 2/3 positions (PGY2/3).
Northeast Health has a close working relationship with several metropolitan hospitals from which many of our JMOs are on rotation. We also have close working relationships and rotational placements with the Murray to the Mountains (M2M) intern training program and Murray City Country Coast (MCCC) GP Training.
An increasing number of JMOs stay at Northeast Health Wangaratta or in the Hume region for several years to establish their career before entering specialist or general practitioner training.