Tell us what you think
Providing you with safe, high-quality health care services is very important to us. We value any feedback about our service, whether it be a suggestion, a complaint or a compliment.
If you would like to provide us with feedback, you may:
- Speak with any member of staff or the Manager of the Department you are receiving the service from.
- Call our Consumer Liaison Officer on (03) 5722 5202 between 8.00am and 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Complete our online feedback form.
- Provide written feedback via email or letter.
- Email correspondence can be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letters can be addressed and mailed to:
Manager Consumer Experience
Northeast Health Wangaratta
PO Box 386
Complaints are treated with confidentiality at NHW and are all fully investigated by our staff to fully understand what has happened and provide you with an accurate response to your concerns. They are an important way of us identifying where we can improve our performance across the organisation.
We aim to fully investigate your complaint and provide a full response to your concerns within 30 days wherever possible.
The first step with any complaint is to let us know of your concerns so we can respond to you. If this does not resolve the issue, or if you feel you cannot approach us for any reason, you are able to contact the Health Complaints Commissioner. This service is free, confidential and impartial and aims to resolve complaints as an independent body. They can be contacted via:
Telephone: 1300 582 113 between 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Letter or Visit: Level 26, 570 Bourke St, Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey (VHES)
Help us improve healthcare for all Victorians
If you have recently been a patient at Northeast Health Wangaratta, you may receive an invitation to participate in the Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey (VHES). Your feedback will help us improve healthcare for all Victorians. Tell us about the care you received so we know what we are doing well and what we need to change. Please note that ALL responses are anonymous.
If you would like to speak directly with Northeast Health, please contact our Consumer Experience Team on (03) 5722 5202.
About the Victorian Healthcare Experience Survey (VHES)
The VHES program collects and analyses the experience of recent users of Victoria’s public health system.
The VHES program has three identified objectives.
- Provide meaningful, useful, accessible and timely information on patient experience to health services and government audiences to stimulate quality and safety improvements.
- Provide meaningful, useful and trusted information, as well as actionable insights on the relationship between processes of care and experience of different patients, to our audiences.
- Collect and share patient-reported experience across the healthcare system to improve transparency and accountability.
The survey is conducted by Ipsos, an independent contractor, on behalf of the Victorian Agency for Health Information (VAHI), a division of the Department of Health (the department).
Participants are invited to participate in the survey via email or SMS invitation and are able to complete the questionnaire online. Alternatively, patients may call the 1800 helpline listed on their invitation and complete a telephone interview.
For further information about the VHES please email: email@example.com