Our trained volunteers can help you understand and navigate the aged care system. So if you’re confused about;
- what services are available
- who provides them
- what you are eligible for
- how to apply
- what will happen next?
Visit us at the Well Ageing Info Hub located in the Wangaratta Library foyer on Thursday’s between 10.00am – 12.00pm. You can also email email@example.com or call 1800 319 333 for more information.
The Well Ageing Info Hub was established based on the feedback from the Well Ageing Vision and Engagement (WAVE) project, a large community consultation conducted in 2016/17.
Public Information Sessions
The Well Ageing Information Sessions can help you understand and navigate the aged care system, either for yourself or for someone you know.
Monthly information sessions are held at the Uniting Care Hall (10 Rowan St, Wangaratta) and cover a wide range of topics including;
- How to navigate the Aged Care system
- Pensions and Concessions
- Your health and wellbeing
- Moving out of the family home and the benefits of downsizing
- Transitioning to retirement
- Advance Care Planning
- Making a Will
- Computers and staying connected
- The importance of exercise
- Hearing Australia
- Dementia Australia
- Mental health
- Seniors Rights Victoria
For information about the information sessions available contact Nadia Tilson (Aged Care Navigation) on 1800 319 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also register for the latest information sessions online at www.well-ageing-info-hub.eventbrite.com
Aged Care Navigators
Aged Care Navigators is part of a national trial led by COTA (Council on the Ageing) Australia and funded by the Australian Government.
It is a free, confidential service that gives you independent information about aged care services and how to access them.
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff and volunteers can:
- explain the different types of aged care services and programs
- show you how to use the government website My Aged Care
- explain the role of an aged care assessment and how to prepare for one
- tell you where to get the extra help you may need to access aged care services
What is Aged Care Navigators Trial?
Around the country, we are testing different ways of helping people to find their way around the aged care system. By learning which approaches work best, we hope to improve the way we provide information in the future.
Aged Care Navigators is a partnership between:
Do you have a question about Aged Care services?