The Well Ageing Info Hub provides information on health and community supports available to older people living in the Rural City of Wangaratta and surrounding areas.
Our trained volunteers can help you understand and navigate the aged care system. So if you’re confused about;
- what services are available
- who provides them
- what you are eligible for
- how to apply
- what will happen next?
Visit us at the Well Ageing Info Hub located in the Wangaratta Government Centre foyer on Thursday’s between 10.00am – 12.00pm. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 319 333 for more information.
The Well Ageing Info Hub was established based on the feedback from the Well Ageing Vision and Engagement (WAVE) project, a large community consultation conducted in 2016/17.
Public Information Sessions
Download Public Information Session dates for 2019 – Public Information Sessions 2019.pdf
The Public Information Sessions will help you understand and navigate the aged care system, either for yourself or for someone you know.
Monthly information sessions are held at the Wangaratta Performing Arts Centre and cover a wide range of topics including;
- How to navigate the Aged Care system
- Pensions and Concessions
- Your health and wellbeing
- Moving out of the family home and the benefits of downsizing
- Transitioning to retirement
- Advance Care Planning
- Making a Will
- Computers and staying connected
Aged Care Navigators
Aged Care Navigators is part of a national trial led by COTA (Council on the Ageing) Australia and funded by the Australian Government.
It is a free, confidential service that gives you independent information about aged care services and how to access them.
Our friendly, knowledgeable staff and volunteers can:
- explain the different types of aged care services and programs
- show you how to use the government website My Aged Care
- explain the role of an aged care assessment and how to prepare for one
- tell you where to get the extra help you may need to access aged care services
What is Aged Care Navigators Trial?
Around the country, we are testing different ways of helping people to find their way around the aged care system. By learning which approaches work best, we hope to improve the way we provide information in the future. Learn more about the trial at www.agedcarenavigators.org.au
Aged Care Navigators is a partnership between:
Do you have a question about Aged Care services?