Our team of more than 300 volunteers provide invaluable support and assistance to families, patients, residents and staff at Northeast Health Wangaratta. Volunteers give their time freely to support our organisation and their local community. People of all ages and from diverse walks of life become volunteers. Volunteering can provide a sense of purpose and meaning, keep you connected and engaged with your local community and provide the opportunity to learn new skills.
At Northeast Health we work with you to ensure your interests and skills are accommodated, which may include activities like;
Outdoors – gardening, sports, walking and pet therapy
Indoors – arts and crafts, music, theatre, games and reading
General – conversations, reading, listening, a second language
We are always on the lookout for different interests that people would like to incorporate into our program.
Contact us to talk through how you can make a great contribution to Northeast Health and your community.
In addition to our individual volunteers, a number of local businesses, schools and community groups also volunteer their time.
As a volunteer, you can become involved in many areas of Northeast Health including but not limited to:
- Client carer roles within our acute, community and aged care services
- Fundraising through the Friend of the Hospital auxiliary and events
- General support to our administrative areas
All eligible volunteers must:
- Be 16 years or older (anyone under 18 must have permission from a parent or guardian)
- Undergo a National Volunteer Police Check (paid for by Northeast Health)
- Complete a Working with Children Check
- Sign a Statutory Declaration
- Commit to a minimum of six months service and a minimum of 3 hours a fortnight
- Complete relevant orientation and training
- Attend ongoing information and education sessions
- Sign and agree to our Confidentiality Agreement/Volunteer Agreement
- Volunteer according to the Northeast Health values
Become a volunteer
To become a volunteer at Northeast Health please complete the Volunteer Online Application.