Our social workers are here to support you, your family and loved ones during and after your stay in hospital. We can provide services that include counselling, advocacy, discharge planning and referral to community-based agencies for ongoing support.
We will speak with you and your family about your needs and help to plan future support when you leave hospital.
Social Workers can help with:
- Social/emotional issues
- Income support information
- Information about and referral to appropriate services in the community
- Counselling for grief and loss and for adjustment to injury/illness and anxiety
- Information and support for carers.
Our services are available to all ages and can be accessed through:
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (inpatients)
- Community Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (if appropriate)
- NHW is a registered provider for TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to this service including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Waiting Times: All referrals to this service are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: We offer both Government-funded and client-funded services. Fees are kept to the minimum amount and will vary between programs. Information regarding relevant fees will be provided to you individually.