Our team of physiotherapists work with individuals to treat a range of health conditions and movement problems including;
- Post-surgical conditions such as hip and knee replacements
- Neurological conditions such as Stroke, Parkinson’s disease or Multiple Sclerosis
- Muscle and joint pain
- Back, neck and shoulder pain
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and other breathing difficulties
- Muscle weakness or deconditioning that occurs because of lack of activity or following recent illness/surgery
- Children who have a delay in learning to crawl and walk
- Preventing falls or age-related physical decline
We will assess your needs and work with you on a treatment program to improve function and maximise your independence.
This service is available to all ages and can be accessed through:
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (inpatients)
- Community Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (if appropriate)
- NHW is a registered provider for TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to this service including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Waiting Times: All referrals to our services are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: We offer both Government-funded and client-funded services. Fees are kept to the minimum amount and will vary between programs. Information regarding relevant fees will be provided to you individually.