Occupational Therapy (OT) focuses on helping people of all ages with a physical, sensory, or cognitive disability to improve their independence and take part in the activities of everyday life.
Our Occupational Therapists (OTs) can help you develop, improve, sustain, or restore independence through a range of services/treatments including;
- Robotic based therapy
- Upper limb therapy
- Hand therapy
- Home assessments
- Home modification recommendations including grab rails and ramps
- Equipment/Aid assessment and prescription including wheelchairs and scooters
- Activities of daily living assessment, including personal care, community access, managing domestic tasks.
- Sensory and cognitive assessment
- Falls and balanced education
- Relaxation and stress management
- Pain management
Based on your needs, therapy staff can recommend equipment, modifications or techniques to make your life easier and safer. So you can take part in daily activities that are meaningful to you.
We work with you to identify your specific needs and develop a treatment program to achieve your goals.
Our services are available to all ages and can be accessed through:
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (inpatients)
- Community Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (if appropriate)
- NHW is a registered provider for National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to our services including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Waiting Times: Waiting times can vary depending on the service you wish to access. All referrals to our services are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: We offer both Government-funded and client-funded services. Fees are kept to the minimum amount and will vary between programs. Information regarding relevant fees will be provided to you individually.