Our Hospital in the Home (HITH) service provides you with hospital-level care in the comfort of your own home or another suitable environment. This can be a safe and efficient alternative depending on your condition and treatment allowing you to leave hospital sooner.
As a HITH patient, you remain under the care of Northeast Health and receive the same treatment as you would in hospital with access to our team of specialist doctors, nurses and other health professionals who work closely with your HITH team to develop a personalised treatment plan and monitor your care.
Hospital in the Home can be accessed by any admitted patient who is:
- assessed as being clinically stable
- supported in the home by a carer or other appropriate person
- living in a suitable environment with access to a telephone
- suitable for Hospital in the Home treatment
- willing to be treated through Hospital in the Home
The HITH team provide acute nursing care in your home that may include;
- administration of short or long-term antibiotics
- management of drain tubes
- complex and acute wound care
- anticoagulation management