Phone: (03) 5722 5348
Margaret Boyd Education Centre
Dixon Street, Wangaratta, VIC 3677
Office hours: Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.00pm
DNS hours: 8.00am to 8.30pm – 7 days a week (services are reduced during evenings, weekends and public holidays).
The District Nursing Service (DNS) provides short and long-term nursing care in your home or another suitable environment. Our team of registered and enrolled nurses offer a range of services that can include;
- Wound Care
- Medication Monitoring, Management and Education
- General Health Monitoring and Education
- Diabetes Education, Support and Management
- Showering/Hygiene Assessments
- Stomal and catheter care
- Advance Care Planning
- Palliative Care Support
- Advice and assistance with referrals to other services
Services are available 7 days a week, from 8.00 am to 8.30 pm to people living in Wangaratta and the surrounding region. However, these services are reduced during evenings, weekends and public holidays. Visits by our nurses are limited during these times and you will be assessed based on the urgency of your situation.
If you or someone you know, would benefit from DNS support please contact us on (03) 5722 5348 to discuss your needs.
If you are over the age of 65 years, you can self refer through My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 or visit the website www.myagedcare.gov.au and they will assist you with the referral our service and any other support services you may require.
The eligibility and suitability of clients are considered on an individual basis and all referrals are prioritised according to need.
The cost for services are based on an income test and your individual circumstances and entitlements, which will be discussed with you before services start.
Additional support and funding may be available through;
- Department of Veterans Affairs (gold card, white care, orange card)
- Post-Acute Care
- HACC Program for Younger People (criteria based)
- Home Care Packages
- TAC/ Work cover
- Private Health Insurance
- Commonwealth Home Support Programme (over 65 years)
Your account is sent out monthly and can be paid by:
- Online payments (NHW bank details are listed on the invoice – Please use invoice number as a reference)
- Telephone credit card payments to (03) 5722 5317
- Direct to our Cashier at the hospital main reception
No cash payments accepted due to current COVID-19 restrictions.