Do you have problems with your bladder or bowel?
You are not alone! One in five Australians has difficulty controlling their bladder or bowel at some time in their lives. Usually, these problems can be improved or even cured.
There is always something that can be done to make things more manageable and our friendly team of medical professionals at the continence clinic are here to help and support people of all ages with urinary and faecal incontinence and other bladder, bowel and pelvic issues.
Our services include:
- Continence assessments, diagnosis and individualised treatment plans
- Pelvic floor exercise programs, bladder retraining and bowel programs
- Pelvic floor physiotherapy before and after gynaecological, urological and prostate surgery and issues related to pregnancy and childbirth
- Treatment for pelvic pain
- Catheter management including intermittent self-catheterisation
- Education for you and your carers
- Advice about appropriate continence aids and appliances
- Applications for subsidies to help cover the cost of continence supplies, subject to eligibility criteria
- Referrals, when necessary, to other members of the healthcare team
- Education sessions for interested community groups.
This service can be accessed through:
- Community Care Centre
- NHW is a registered provider for TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to this service including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Waiting Times: All referrals to our services are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: Information and costs regarding our low-fee public service will be provided to you when making an appointment.
If you are aged over 65 years, frail or disabled and require a home visit please contact the continence nursing team at Gateway Health.
Gateway Health – Wangaratta
Phone: (03) 5723 2000 or visit gatewayhealth.org.au