Hospital Admission Risk Program (HARP)
Phone: (03) 5722 5078
Fax: (03) 5722 5419
Community Care Centre
4 – 12 Clark Street, Wangaratta, VIC 3677
Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 4.30pm
The Complex Care Service provides specialist treatment, care planning, education and support to help people with chronic and complex health issues to manage independently in the community, and reduce the risk of being admitted to hospital.
To enable clients to better manage their condition in the community and to reduce avoidable hospital admissions, the Complex Care Service supports people with chronic and complex health issues by providing:
- Short term support and intervention
- Integrated care planning and coordination
- Education and monitoring
- Service linkages
- GP liaison.
Our care coordinators will work with you and your family, carers and other services to develop goals and establish a plan to assist with:
- Reducing avoidable hospital admissions
- Better self-management of chronic conditions and/or complex health issues
- Recognising when you are becoming unwell and what to do
- Helping you develop confidence in managing your health
- Accessing community services that can provide ongoing, long-term support and education.
Eligibility: Our Complex Care Service works with people of any age that have a chronic health condition and/or complex health needs that may include:
- Chronic health conditions, such as chronic heart or lung disease
- Multiple health conditions
- Struggling to manage at home and needing more supports
- Decline in function
- Carer stress
- Social/emotional stressors
- Co-morbid mental health issues (chronic).
Complex Care is a service for people of any age with chronic and complex health needs who:
- Have had one or more avoidable ED presentations or hospital admission in the past 12 months
- Are at imminent risk of hospitalisation and community services can not meet their needs
- Have complex medical or psychosocial needs and would benefit from short term, intensive input
- Live in the local government areas of Wangaratta, Alpine (West), Mansfield, Benalla (except Benalla township).
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to this service including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Referrals should be made to:
Community Care Intake Advisor
Phone: (03) 5722 5679
Fax: (03) 5722 5419
To refer a patient, complete and fax your referral to Community Care Intake Advisors on (03) 5722 5419.
Referrals should include:
- Patient details including address, date of birth and contact number
- Reason for the referral
- Relevant clinical history
- List of current medications
- Risks to clients or staff
- Name of the consultant (for Medicare clinics)
- Your details and provider number (if applicable)
- TAC or WorkCover claim details (if applicable).
Waiting Times: All referrals to this service are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: This is a community-based service with no fee to participate.
Interpreters: If required, an interpreter can be arranged to attend the appointment with you.
Better Health Channel
Victorian government portal with information on general health conditions.
My Aged Care
Australian government portal to provide information about aged care and help people access aged care services.
Victorian statewide representation and support for carers.
Seniors Online Victoria
Victorian government portal for older people, with information about government and community services and programs.
Information about heart disease prevention and care for patients, their families, carers, health professionals and the general community
Information about heart conditions and cardiac rehabilitation
Provides information and support for people with a lung condition, their families, carers, health professionals and the general community.
Information and support for people living with dementia and those caring for them.