Our Complex Care Service works with people of any age that have a chronic health condition and/or complex health needs that may include;
- Chronic health conditions such as; chronic heart or lung disease, or difficulties with diabetes
- Multiple health conditions
- Living alone and not coping
- Decline in function
- Carer stress
- Social/emotional stressors
- Mental health issues (chronic).
Our care coordinators will work with you and your family, carers and other services to develop goals and establish a plan to assist with:
- Reducing avoidable hospital admissions
- Better self-management of chronic conditions and/or complex health issues
- Recognising when you are becoming unwell and what to do
- Helping you develop confidence in managing your health
- Accessing community services that can provide ongoing, long-term support and education.
This service is available to all ages and can be accessed through:
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (inpatients)
- Community Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (if appropriate)
- NHW is a registered provider for National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to this service including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Waiting Times: All referrals to this service are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: This is a community-based service with no fee to participate.
Interpreters: If required, an interpreter can be arranged to attend the appointment with you.
Better Health Channel
Victorian government portal with information on general health conditions.
My Aged Care
Australian government portal to provide information about aged care and help people access aged care services.
Victorian statewide representation and support for carers.
Seniors Online Victoria
Victorian government portal for older people, with information about government and community services and programs.
Information about heart disease prevention and care for patients, their families, carers, health professionals and the general community
Information about heart conditions and cardiac rehabilitation
Provides information and support for people with a lung condition, their families, carers, health professionals and the general community.
Information and support for people living with dementia and those caring for them.