Green Street, Wangaratta, VIC 3677
Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 5.00pm
Effective treatment and management of pain is a fundamental component of providing quality care. Appropriate and timely management of acute pain after surgery decreases the risk of complications, facilitates early mobilisation and decreases hospital length of stay.
The acute pain service consists of consultant anaesthetic specialists, rotating medical staff (anaesthetic registrars) and a clinical nurse consultant. The acute pain service works collaboratively with all medical and allied health teams to improve patient satisfaction and postoperative outcomes.
As a patient of Northeast Health, the acute pain service provides:
- Highly qualified and experienced staff with an emphasis on providing safe and effective care
- Personalised and individual pain management plans
- Daily review of all patients who have patient-controlled analgesia, epidural analgesia, nerve blocks and ketamine infusions.
- All patients who have had a spinal anaesthetic will be reviewed the following day, including those who have had a cesarean section or labour epidural.
- Ongoing review of other acute patients, as deemed appropriate.
An important part of our service is the ongoing development, implementation and monitoring of pain management interventions, and the continuing education of all staff at Northeast Health.