Important Information for Patients, Clients & Visitors
Visitor entry points
If you must visit Northeast Health please use the following entry points only:
- Main entrance (Green Street)
- Emergency Department entrance (Green Street)
- Community Care Centre main entrance (Clark Street)
Visitors will NOT be permitted to enter if they:
- Have any COVID-19 (Coronavirus) symptoms i.e. fever, sore throat, cough, shortness of
breath, runny nose, loss of sense of smell or loss of sense of taste.
- Are awaiting COVID-19 (Coronavirus) test results
- Have been in close contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case
- Are from or have been in an area with outbreaks/exposure sites or elevated risk of community transmission.
- Have been a resident of Hotel Quarantine in the last 7 days
All visitors must register their attendance at Northeast Health Wangaratta via the QR code or the sign in register (including name and contact number).
All visitors over 12 years of age will be required to wear a face mask
- Visitors may wear their own cloth mask if desired.
- If you do not have a mask, one will be provided upon entry.
- Two (2) visitors per patient, per day, during visiting hours where social distancing requirements can be adhered to.
- Visiting hours are strictly between 12.00 noon to 2.00 pm and 5.00 pm to 7.00 pm daily.
- One (1) partner/support person for maternity care and pregnancy at any one time where social distancing requirements can be adhered to (maximum of one additional (1) visitor, per day, during visiting hours).
Outpatient, Vaccination Clinic, Dental & Medical Imaging appointments
- Two (2) parents/guardians if the client is under the age of 18 years. Other children (i.e. siblings over the age of 12 months are not permitted to attend without previously approved exception).
- One (1) support person if the client is an adult for reasons of physical, mental, cultural assistance, and for wayfinding purposes.
- Support persons may be excluded from exam rooms in-line with social distancing requirements (exceptions will be made for children or if high-level care is required).
Emergency Department restrictions
- One (1) visitor for all patients over the age of 18 or two (2) parents/guardians if the patient is a child.
- Limits on visitor numbers per patient may apply due to social distancing requirements.
Exceptions to restrictions apply if supporting a patient/client that:
- is receiving end-of-life care
Exceptions are approved on a case by case basis.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Screening Clinic
Phone: 1800 324 942
Phone enquiries and bookings can be made Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
If you have any of these symptoms, however mild, get tested and stay at home
– Fever, chills or sweats
– Sore throat
– Shortness of breath
– Runny nose
– Loss or change in sense of smell or taste
A new process has been introduced to help make the registration process as smooth as possible.
Step 1 – Register for your COVID-19 test online by completing the COVID-19 Testing Registration Form
Step 2 – Once registration is complete, you will receive an SMS with a unique registration number (valid for 90 days and can be used for multiple tests).
Step 3 – Quote your registration number when you call our COVID-19 Screening Clinic on 1800 324 942 (Mon, Wed, Fri and Sun) to book an appointment.
Step 4 – Attend your appointment. This is a drive-through screening clinic and you must remain in your vehicle at all times. If you are unable to attend your appointment in a vehicle please advise staff at the time of booking.
Step 5 – Once the test is completed, you will receive an SMS from DHHS with information on what to do after being tested.
Step 6 – You will receive an SMS with your result, usually within 24 hours of your test.
If you’re unable to complete the registration process online, please call our COVID-19 Screening Clinic (1800 324 942) for assistance.
Outside of clinic opening times, calls are diverted to the Victorian Department of Health Coronavirus hotline 1800 571 121.
For more information and the current list of public exposure sites visit: www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au
Phone: 1800 571 121
COVID-19 vaccinations are available to eligible community members at the Northeast Health Wangaratta Vaccination Clinic.
Appointments: Call 1800 571 121 for an appointment
Monday to Friday – 9.00am to 4.00pm
No walk-in appointments available
Where to find us: The Vaccination Clinic is located behind the Community Care Centre (4-12 Clark Street, Wangaratta)
COVID-19 entry restrictions: Only the person named on an appointment is allowed to enter the Vaccination Clinic.
If you require assistance or a support person to attend with you, please talk to a staff member.
For information about getting vaccinated including how to prepare and what to expect please visit www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/getting-vaccinated
Resources for your health and wellbeing during COVID-19
For the most current information please visit;
Mensline Australia or 1300 789 978
Headspace 12 - 25 year olds
Headspace provides free online and phone support and counselling to young people 12-25 and their families and friends
Connect 1-on-1, you can connect 1-on-1 from 9.00am to 1.00am, 7 days a week
Group chat online, call 1800 650 890 (mobile charges will apply), but if you let the team member know you are calling from a mobile they will call you back.