Important Information for Patients, Clients & Visitors
If you have any of these symptoms, however mild, get tested
– Fever, chills or sweats
– Sore throat
– Shortness of breath
– Runny nose
– Loss of sense of smell or taste
Call our dedicated hotline for local advice and screening appointments
Hotline: 1800 324 942
Visitor entry points to our main hospital campus
The health and safety of our patients, clients and staff are of the utmost importance to us. To minimise risk, we have restricted access to our facilities.
If you must attend Northeast Health Wangaratta please use the following entry points only:
- Main entrance (Green Street)
- Emergency Department entrance (Green Street)
- Community Care Centre main entrance (Clark Street)
The following questions will be asked before you are allowed to enter Northeast Health Wangaratta:
- Have you arrived to Australia from overseas within the last 14 days?
- Have you come in to contact with a positive COVID-19 (Coronavirus) patient?
- Do you have any symptoms of a fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath?
- We will also check your temperature
To protect the safety of our staff, patients and families, if you answer YES to any of the above questions or have a temperature above 37.5 degrees you will not be permitted to enter.
Current visitor guidelines and restrictions
Visitor guidelines and some restrictions are in place for the safety of all.
- Visiting hours are strictly 12 noon to 2.00pm and 5.00pm to 7.00pm daily
- Inpatients are allowed a maximum of two visitors for up to two hours at one time
- Up to two visits are allowed per day during visiting hours only
- Outpatients can bring one care and support person if needed to an appointment
- Maternity patients will be asked to identify ONE ONLY consistent visitor for the duration of their stay.
An exception of the two-hour time limit includes supporting a loved one in end of life care. The limit of two visitors at all times still applies.
Visitors will NOT be permitted if they have a temperature higher than 37.5 degrees or symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough or shortness of breath), have travelled from overseas in the past two weeks or have identified as having close personal contact with a confirmed or suspected COVID-19 case.
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Screening Clinic
Hotline 1800 324 942
The Wangaratta COVID-19 (coronavirus) Screening Clinic in Norton Street is open every day.
Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 5.30pm
Saturday & Sunday from 8.30am to 4.30pm
If you have a fever, cough, runny nose, loss of smell, sore throat or shortness of breath or have been in contact with a confirmed case and concerned that you may have COVID-19 (Coronavirus) call 1800 324 942 for local advice and screening information.
Outside of clinic opening times, calls are diverted to the Victorian Department of Health Coronavirus hotline 1800 675 398.
Call 1800 324 942 before attending the clinic. Please NO WALK-INS
Emergency services are being provided by the Benalla Community Dental Clinic Only.
Dental Services in Wangaratta are expected to return in July. Patients who had their appointments cancelled due to COVID-19 will be contacted over time to establish their dental requirements.
If you have a dental emergency, please do not attend in person to make an appointment.
Call us on: Wangaratta (03) 5722 5325 or Benalla (03) 5761 2201
All dental emergencies will be assessed and appointments allocated depending on the urgency of the dental problem. Normal hours of operation 8.30am – 4.30pm will apply.
For adults attending appointments, we ask that you attend alone or with only one other accompanying person.
If you are unwell but require urgent dental care, please do not attend the clinic. Please call to discuss your dental emergency and let the staff know you are unwell. You will be contacted by our Senior Dentist to further investigate your dental needs and medical history.
Please be assured we have put into place various measures to assist those patients requiring urgent treatment to protect both our patients and our staff.
Illoura Residential Aged Care
In an effort to prevent the spread COVID-19 (Coronavirus) to Illoura, there are some restrictions are in place for the safety of all.
A screening process (questions and temperature check) applies to all people including visitors, staff and contractors.
There will be NO ENTRY to anyone:
- who is unwell
- under 16 years of age
- who has travelled overseas in the past 14 days
- who has been in contact with someone with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID in the last 14 days
- who has not had an influenza vaccination
- Visitor swipe cards have been deactivated. All visitors must use the intercom to access the facility.
- Two visitors per resident per day.
- Visiting hours will be strictly 12 noon to 2.00pm and 5.00pm to 7.00pm daily
- Visitors are asked to keep their visits short (30 minutes).
- Visitations to be conducted in a resident’s room or outside only.
- For end-of-life residents, the onsite supervisor has discretion for visitors on the facility.
Exceptions will be allowed only in approved circumstances and following assessment by an onsite supervisor.
We understand this may cause anxiety or frustration in some instances, however, we believe that this is the best way to reduce the risk to our residents living at Illoura. Loved ones can always be contacted by phone and video chat.
To discuss visitor restrictions at Illoura or whether an exception be applied to you please contact the onsite supervisor (03) 5721 0310 or (03) 5721 0335.
We are taking a range of preventative measures, while maintaining a high-quality obstetric service at this time.
Some of the preventative measures we have implemented for maternity services include:
- Limiting visitors to one partner or support person only throughout maternity care.
- No visits to our service from siblings or grandparents of newborns.
- Reducing, postponing and/or increasing the interval between antenatal visits.
- Shortening the duration of antenatal visits.
- Avoiding face to face antenatal classes.
We understand that this may cause anxiety or frustration in some instances, however, we believe this is the best way to reduce the risk to our clients and newborn babies.
If you have any concerns regarding these changes to our service please do not hesitate to contact Maternity Services on (03) 5722 5225
Resources for your health and wellbeing during COVID-19
For the most current information please visit;
Mensline Australia or 1300 789 978
Headspace 12 - 25 year olds
Headspace provides free online and phone support and counselling to young people 12-25 and their families and friends
Connect 1-on-1, you can connect 1-on-1 from 9.00am to 1.00am, 7 days a week
Group chat online, call 1800 650 890 (mobile charges will apply), but if you let the team member know you are calling from a mobile they will call you back.
Easting well during COVID-19
Woolworths and Coles
Supporting healthcare works and the vulnerable by offering dedicated opening times
Have a variety of options currently available inclusive of:
Order and collect (8-6pm, however happy to look at other times) at loading bay on victory parade
Open to providing special times for health care workers to collect i.e. 6am or latter i.e. 7pm.
Online service available to place order (healthcare workers can leave a note to request late or early pick up)
If staff live in Wangaratta, happy to drop off food to their place
Provide a seasonal mixed vegie box $40 (feeds a couple for a week). Staff can request certain food to not be included i.e. allergy
Can take order by text (no online ordering system available) and put together vegie/fruit box. Number for order 0468942676
Provides bread to wholefoods and would be very happy to offer orders for any type of bread.
NuFruit Wangaratta – fruit and veg plus Appin Bakery bread
Free delivery (may be a minimum order) https://nufruitonline.com.au/
Arnolds Wodonga – fruit and veg plus bread, biscuits, canned products (tomatoes, vegies, tuna etc), some cereals, snacks, cordials, eggs, juice, soft drinks, spreads etc.
They deliver to Wangaratta Tuesday to Friday for $10.95 flat rate on orders over $30
Light and easy
Deliveries nutritious meals – not everyone’s choice however a good option for complete meals delivered to your (or NHW) door.
Everyday Gourmet Butcher http://www.youreverydaygourmet.com.au/
Warby Street Butcher phone 57212217