Community Care Centre
Phone: +61 (03) 5722 5555
4 – 12 Clark Street, Wangaratta VIC 3677
Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 4.30pm
COVID-19 (Cornanvirus) special rules now apply for people visiting NHW Community Care Centre. For current restrictions please view COVID-19 information for patients, clients & visitors.
The Community Care Centre has a dedicated team of allied health, nursing and medical professionals offering a range of community-based services available to people of all ages.
Community & Outpatient Services
- Antenatal Clinic
- Complex Care – care coordination
- Continence Clinic
- Dental Services
- Diabetes Education
- Early Intervention Program / Lymphoedema Management
- Fracture / Orthopaedic Clinic
- Hand Therapy
- High-Risk Foot Clinic
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Occupational Therapy
- Robotics Therapy
- Social Work
- Speech Pathology
- Stomal Therapy
- Videofluroscopy Clinic
- Well Ageing Management
We work with you as an individual to assess your health needs and help you achieve your desired goals. This may include taking part in one of our specialised programs or group activities that support your personal therapy plan.
Specialised Programs & Group Activities
- CAN Move (for cancer recovery)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Falls and Balance
- Hearts for Life (for chronic heart failure)
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic (after hip/knee replacement)
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- SMILE (Serious Mental Illness Laughter & Exercise)
- Strong to the Bones
- Tai Chi
- Dose Adjustment for Normal Eating (DAFNE)
Our services are available to all ages and can be accessed through:
- Northeast Health Wangaratta (inpatients)
- Community Care Centre
- Residential Aged Care Facilities (if appropriate)
- NHW is a registered provider for TAC and WorkCover.
Referrals: Anyone can make a referral to our services including all healthcare professionals, you or your carer. For self-referrals, a health summary from your GP should be included.
Waiting Times: Waiting times can vary depending on the service you wish to access. All referrals to our services are assessed and prioritised according to your care needs.
Cost: We offer both Government-funded and client-funded services. Fees are kept to the minimum amount and will vary between programs. Information regarding relevant fees will be provided to you individually.
Interpreters: If required, an interpreter can be arranged to attend the appointment with you.