Hardwiring Excellence – Every patient, every time!
Is the framework we have in place to help us meet three clear and important goals:
- Improve patient safety and clinical outcomes
- Improve patient satisfaction
- Improve staff satisfaction
It is an important component of our clinical governance and places the patient firmly at the heart of what we do Every Patient, Every Time!
A key feature is improved communication and a standardised approach to patient care, along with clear expectations of our staff. Just some of the tactics we use to achieve the goals of this program include:
- Standardising introductions and explanations to patients and families
- Using patient communication boards to help two-way information flow between staff and patients
- Using performance boards to improve staff communication
- Attending patients every hour to ensure their needs are met, improving patient comfort and safety
- Involving patients in bedside handover
- Managers meeting with each staff member each month to check on their wellbeing in the workplace and acting on suggestions for improvement